An abandoned swimming pool in Cape Town. Cape Town’s water shortage is so dire that the government has posted an on-line map that details the water consumption of every household. The government also posted a phone number residents can call to report water wasters.
Drought is a natural hazard, caused by large‐scale climatic variability, and cannot be prevented by local water management. Water scarcity refers to the long‐term unsustainable use of water resources, which water managers can influence.1
- California drought in pictures
- California drought is worsened by global warming video
- drought-stricken California producing bottled water
- solving California drought and saving the Colorado River
- California farmers resign themselves to drought
Lake Oroville, California: these pictures are taken 3 years apart.
- Cape Town faces day zero
- why Cape Town is running out of water
- facts and myths about Cape Town’s water crisis
- Cape Town highlights rich-poor divide
- Cape Town water crisis video
- living through Cape Town’s crisis
- in Detroit, water crisis symbolizes decline and hope
- São Paulo residents struggle as taps run dry
- Mexico City, parched and sinking, faces water crisis
- water scarcity and drought summit pdf
- OK Clean Water
- United Nations water a human right as of 2010
- water where is it?
- flying rivers video